We are looking forward to partnering with veterinary practices in the San Francisco Bay Area to help provide financial assistance to your clients in need that have a companion animal in an acute medical crisis. We will be developing more robust ways that we can partner together to raise awareness of SAGE Compassion for Animals, highlight practices willing to offer discounted services, and plan events that can demonstrate all of us working together to prevent suffering and euthanasia.
If you are interested in being recognized as a SAGE Compassion for Animals Veterinary Partner, please contact us and our Executive Director will be happy to discuss!
In order for a grant to be issued, a pet parent needs to apply through our website portal. They will be asked questions that will require answers that you will need to provide:
Veterinary care provider must provide all of the following:
- A definitive diagnosis
- A prognosis (long-term and short-term)
- Medical records to support diagnosis and prognosis
- A recommended treatment plan
- A discount of 25% or greater as compared to their customary pricing
- An itemized estimate for a recommended treatment plan (listing both customary and discounted pricing)
- Consent for SAGE Compassion for Animals to publicize case for marketing purposes (SAGE Compassion for Animals can withhold hospital name if requested)
Once a grant is approved, we will send an agreement document for the pet parent and you to review and sign. Once that is completed, a check will be issued directly to your clinic.